Pamela Moore Named Royal Oak Schools Nominee
Pamela Moore is the Royal Oak Schools nominee for the Oakland Schools Betty Campion Distinguished Support Service Award. Ms. Moore, a graduate of Royal Oak Schools and the Royal Oak High School athletic coordinator, has served in the school district for 25 years.
The annual Betty Campion Distinguished Support Service Award is presented to exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled members of a local school district’s support staff who meet the following criteria:
• Someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty
• Supportive of the learning environment
• Someone who plays an active and useful role in the community
• Employed in one of the following work classifications: Transportation, maintenance, custodial, office personnel, food services, or professional support to teachers (including para-educators).
• Someone with a minimum of five years of experience in his/her current position.
The Distinguished Support Service Award program was created to recognize the valuable contributions that employees, other than teachers and administrators, make to Oakland County schools. The award is named in honor of former Oakland Schools Board member Betty Campion.