- For Students
- For Parents
- For Staff
- Elementary Schools
- Royal Oak Middle School
- Royal Oak High School
- Churchill Community Education Center
- Early Childhood Center
- Other Facilities
- Building Rental
- School Board
Social Work Services
Social Work Services at ROHS
Phil McPeek, LMSW
What do school social workers do?
School social workers.....
- Are trained mental health professionals.
- Provide services related to social, emotional and life adjustment inside and outside of the school.
- Work with special education students and general education students, depending on need.
- Address barriers for students that interfere with school achievement.
- Collaborate with teachers, school staff, parents, and the community.
How can school social workers help?
- Social workers are trained to implement early identification, prevention, intervention, counseling and support services based on the needs of the student.
- School Social Workers can help staff and parents understand student mental health issues and discover new resources for students.
What students may be eligible for services?
Students who need additional support for difficulties that significantly interfere with functioning and school achievement including:
- Social/Behavior concerns
- Substance Abuse
- Problems at home or in the community
Why are social work services important?
- Less than 1/5 of the 17.5 million children in need of mental health services actually receive them.
- Mental health issues can lead to social, emotional, and behavioral problems that may impact attendance, school performance, school failure and early dropout.