Welcome to the Home of the Ravens!
Our mascot is Rocky the Raven. Our colors are blue, silver, and black.
Important Dates to Remember
- All physicals must be dated after April 15, 2013 in order to be valid for the 2013-14 school year.
- Fall Sport Registration - August 7th from 10:00 - Noon and August 8th from 3:00 - 5:00. If you are not able to register on one of these dates you may register on August 12 from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. and August 14th from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Registrations will not be accepted on Tuesday, August 13th.
Summer Practice/Conditioning Information and Fall
Boys Tennis - August 14 from 3:00 - 5:00 and August 15 & 16 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the tennis courts.
Soccer - August 14 & 15 from 7:00 - 7:45 a.m. and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.; August 16 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at the stadium. Camp for 9-12 graders will be July 29 and 30 from 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. at the Stadium. Cost $60 made payable to Royal Oak High School and mailed to ROHS or turned in at conditioning sessions.
JV Cheer Club Tryouts - Additional try-out on Tuesday, August 13th at Royal Oak High School in the Auxiliary Gym at 7:00 p.m.
Important Information Regarding Athletic Eligibility
In order for a student to be academically eligible to participate in athletics at Royal Oak High School they must adhere to the following standard at all times:
Be passing all classes (6) with a "C" or better in at least three of the six.
If a student is not meeting this standard at the end of a semester (June/January) they will be deemed ineligible for not less than one semester.
It is imperative that if a student fails to meet this standard at the conclusion of the Spring Semester (June), that they attend summer school and attain a grade of at least a "C" in whatever class they take. The class does not have to be in the same subject as the one that they received an "E" in. Summer school is the only option a student has to reinstate their eligiblity for the fall semester.
Important Points of Interest
- You must be in school all day in order to be eligible to practice or compete that day.
- The Student Athlete Code of Conduct is in effect 365 days a year regardless of whether school is in session or not.
See Attached files for information pertaining to specific sports
Phone (248) 435-8500
Fax (248) 288-8733
Jim Cole - Athletic Director
Pamela Moore - Athletic Coordinator x1148
Athletic Web Sites:
* The content of the websites or links found below are not maintained or monitored by the Royal Oak Schools.
- MHSAA Parent Guide
- ROHS Boys Swim Team
- ROHS Cross Country
- ROHS Track & Field
- Royal Oak High School Hockey
- Royal Oak High School Volleyball
- Royal Oak Ravens Football
- Royal Oak Ravens Boys Basketball